MEDICAL AIR AMBULANCE COMPANY (TABLE OF ORGANIZATION AND
a. Mission. The mission of the medical air ambulance company is to provide
aeromedical support in the combat zone.
b. Assignment. The medical air ambulance company is assigned to the corps
medical brigade and normally operates directly under brigade control; however, it may
also be attached to a medical group. It is used to move patients in the corps rear area;
that is, from divisions rearward. It is normally allocated on the basis of one per four
divisions and one per task force, as required.
c. Capabilities. This unit provides:
(1) Aeromedical evacuation of critically wounded or other patients;
extrication of personnel from crashed aircraft and aeromedical evacuation of those
patients from the crash site to the appropriate medical facility capable of providing
(2) Emergency aid at air crash site, in-flight medical treatment, and/or
surveillance for patients en-route to treatment facilities.
(3) Aeromedical evacuation of patients from units in support of combat
troops, except from an airhead or airborne force objective area that is logistically
supported by the USAF.
(4) Expeditious delivery of medical personnel and materiel to meet
emergency treatment requirements within the combat zone.
In-flight emergency medical care.
(6) Command and control of 1 to 4 helicopter detachments, Team RA,
TOE 8-660, as required.
7-10. ORGANIZATION OF MEDICAL AIR AMBULANCE COMPANY
The medical air ambulance company consists of a company headquarters, flight
operations platoon, a service platoon, and four identical air ambulance platoons