9. What disease has particular military importance not only because of its high death
rate, but also because it strikes a disproportionately large number of recruits?
10. Streptococcal infections are usually localized in the ______________.
11. In the spaces below, enter the letter D if the descriptive phrase applies to
diphtheria, T if it applies to tuberculosis and B if it applies to both:
Of bacterial origin
An acute, febrile infection
Uncommon in the U.S.
May be transmitted in milk from infected cows
A chronic disease which may go unnoticed for long periods
Symptoms caused primarily by bacterial toxin
12. __________________ is a fungus infection of the respiratory tract that occurs in
arid and semi-arid regions.
13. ______________ is an exception to the usual rickettsiae diseases, in that it is
transmitted by respiratory means rather than by an arthropod vector.
14. Name three arthropod-borne diseases that may be spread by respiratory means:
15. List three ways of reducing the incidence of respiratory diseases in a unit?