17. How far should a wastewater absorption field be located from a well?
18. How many square feet of absorption area are required for a septic tank system
serving a small unit having a wastewater flow of 10,000 gallons per day, using soil
with a percolation rate of 4 minutes per inch of fall? The unit is equipped with
garbage grinders in the dining facility.
____________________ square feet
19. How many linear feet of absorption trench does the unit described in exercise 18
need if the trenches used are 3 feet wide?
20. A septic tank should be located no closer than _________________ feet to any
source of water supply.
21. If the per capita flow of wastewater is 100 gallons per day, what is the minimum
recommended capacity of a septic tank serving 50 persons?