(c) Preventive Medicine Officer.
(d) Safety Officer.
(e) Civilian Personnel Office.
(f) Staff Judge Advocate.
(g) Personal Affairs Officer.
Survey results and plans are to be recorded. Past and current records are to
be maintained for 30 years after the last incidence of employee exposure of
asbestos. Annotate master planning documents and record drawings which
indicate real property containing asbestos.
e. Installation Preventive Medicine (PVNTMED) Services. IAW AR 40-5 and
AR 200-1, the installation PVNTMED personnel are to:
(1) Support the installation solid waste and hazardous waste management
programs per Federal, State, and Army requirements in ARS 200-1 and 40-5.
Coordinate with installation agencies such as DEH to ensure that personnel remain
healthy and are protected (find the cause and eliminate or reduce its effects) from solid,
hazardous, and regulated medical wastes.
(2) Monitor the installation's management of solid wastes, including the
stages of segregation, storage, transportation, and disposal and/or sale so that
personnel health and welfare are maintained.
(3) Assist in the management of the installation program that permits
maximum opportunity for resource recovery, without jeopardizing natural resources,
personnel health, and the environment.
(4) Provide technical assistance that includes investigating, identifying, and
inventorying source wastes and provide consultations and special studies, as required
(5) Provide information and guidance to the installation commander and to
units and activities concerning the current requirements and methods available for
health related implication issues for pest control and solid waste disposal.
(6) Work to reduce the need for corrective action through controlled
management of solid, hazardous, and regulated medical wastes.
(7) Evaluate installation/community complaints and provide health and
welfare recommendations to the facilities engineer. Help to keep the workplace and its
personnel safe from exposure to solid waste hazards by conducting announced and