COMPLETION OF DD FORM 2214, NOISE SURVEY
1. Enter date of survey (A preliminary survey form is at page H-3).
2. Type of survey initial, resurvey, or other (special requests, and so forth).
3. Sound level meter, microphone, and calibrator date manufacturer, model, serial
number (if unable to get serial number from microphone, omit) calibration date (from
4. Windscreen-used or not used-if measurements are taken both ways; place an
asterisk (*) in front of the "used" block and in the appropriate dB (A) or dB(C) block
of "sound level data."
5. Measurements obtained indoors or outdoors if both, place a cross (+) after outdoors
and in the appropriate location block of "sound level data."
6. Description of areas/duties.
a. Building number.
b. Map of area/building.
ID location of measurements.
85 DB(A) or 140 dB(P) contours, if appropriate.
ID location of sound sources.
Location of warning signs.
Performance conditions of equipment.
7. Primary noise source--loudest.
8. Secondary noise source--any other source of noise, hazardous or not.