9. As a public health hazard. There are several items that could cause disease or
harm to others and to the occupants of the house, specifically: the presence of
poison ivy and bushes with toxic berries; the empty, self-locking refrigerator that
could trap children; the animal fecal matter collected on the floor; overflowing
garbage; evidence of a rodent infestation; and exposed electrical wires.
(para 4-12a, b, c)
10. Childcare centers; prevention and control of childhood diseases, accident
11. Existence of emergency evacuation plans.
Drills conducted to familiarize children with the plans.
Facilities and supplies for providing emergency medical care. (para 4-14a)
12. Item c. The building is located near a main street with high-speed traffic. There
has been no attempt to control traffic or reduce the speed limit. (para 4-14b)
13. Prevent accidents, adult supervisors. (para 4-14h)
14. f (para 4-14f, j, g, c, d)
END OF LESSON 4