EXERCISES, LESSON 2
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response that
best answers the exercise, by completing the incomplete statement, or by writing the
answer in the space provided at the end of the exercise.
After you have completed all the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at
the end of the lesson. For each exercise answered incorrectly, reread the material
referenced with the solution.
1. List the three major types of foodborne disease.
2. How does a foodborne infection differ from a foodborne intoxication?
FOR EXERCISES 3-8. Write the name of the agent that is the cause of the foodborne
disease in the blank space provided. Choose from among the following agents:
3. Salmonellosis _________________
4. Botulism _________________
5. Infectious hepatitis _________________
6. Shigellosis _________________
7. Amoebiasis _________________
8. Staphylococcal foodborne illness _________________