(1) Control On. Use this switch to energize 8SOL as necessary (opened to
steam supply). Steam enters and heats the jacket to the selected temperature. The
microprocessor maintains the temperature by energizing (opening) and de-energizing
(closing) 8SOL with input from the jacket thermistor the same as in the wrapped cycle.
(2) Seal door. 10SOL is energized (opened from steam to gasket/closed to
ejector) on single door units. 10SOL (control end) and 11SOL (remote end) are
energized on double door units. Gasket groove(s) is/are pressurized, sealing the
chamber. Select the wrapped cycle and enter the appropriate times and preset
(3) Phase 15: purge. Press the cycle start switch to energize (open). After
a 5 second delay, 1SOL, 2SOL, and 6SOL are energized. Steam enters the chamber
from the jacket through 1SOL and purges the chamber of air through 2SOL to the
ejector. After 60 seconds, 2SOL and 6SOL are de-energized (closed), and the purge is
(4) Phase 17: heat/exposure. 1SOL and 5SOL are energized (opened).
Steam pressurizes the chamber. When the selected exposure temperature is reached
(as sensed by the temperature transducer in the chamber drain line), the exposure time
begins. 1SOL de-energizes (closes) and energizes (opens) as necessary to maintain
the selected exposure temperature. When the exposure time for an unwrapped
instruments cycle expires, 1SOL and 5SOL are de-energized (closed).
(5) Phase 24: vent/dry. 2SOL and 6SOL are energized (opened). Chamber
pressure is reduced to 4.8psia (vacuum). 2SOL and 6SOL remain energized (opened)
for the duration of the selected drying time or for 20 seconds if no drying was selected.
2SOL and 6SOL are de-energized (closed).
(a) Vent will last until the dry timer displays time and begins to count
down. This phase is also known as exhaust.
At the end of the dry time, there is a 20 second delay before the
(6) Phase 31: air-in. 3SOL is energized (opened). Filtered atmospheric air
enters the chamber and raises the chamber pressure to atmospheric reading. When
the chamber pressure reaches the atmospheric reading, 3SOL is
(7) Phase 35: gasket retract (single door units). 10SOL is de-energized
(closed to steam/opened from the ejector to the gasket). 6SOL is energized (opened).
The water in the ejector creates a negative pressure in the gasket groove, retracting the
door gasket within 30 seconds. The complete buzzer then sounds and shuts off after
the door is opened or one minute has elapsed.