b. Replacing the Chamber Pressure Transducer. When removing the
chamber pressure transducer, follow these precautions:
(1) Use Teflon liquid or paste pipe thread sealant to ensure a tight
connection between the probe and the bulkhead connector.
(2) Do not use pipe tape. Tape shreds will imbed in the transducer and
cause a malfunction.
Do not use a pipe wrench on the round shank.
(4) Ensure that there is a still loop with a minimum of five loops in the
pressure transducer line.
c. Replacing the Solid State Relay. When replacing the solid state relay,
ensure that the correct SSR is installed for each position.
d. Repairing the Solenoids. When repairing the solenoids, follow these
(1) Disconnect the electrical supply to the sterilizer before making electrical
repairs to prevent electrical shock.
(2) Shut off the main steam supply and depressurize the steam in the
system before making plumbing repairs to prevent steam burns.