(26) Nomenclature--Shows the name of the item of supply.
(27) End item code (EIC). A three position code entered on every request for
issue, cancellation, and modification for repair parts having an end item application. End item
code are not listed for each repair part NIIN because some repair parts have multiple
applications on specific end items. There are over 5,000 codes [see Army Regulation
(AR) 725-50, AR 710-2, Department of the Army Pamphlet (DA PAM) 710-2-1, DA PAM
710-2-2, and also ARMS].
(28) Line item code (LIN). Identifies items that are listed in Supply Bulletin (SB)
(29) Maintenance repair code (MR). Identifies the level of maintenance
capable of complete repair of an item, for example, "O" = the lowest maintenance level capable of
complete repair of the support item is the organizational level, "Z" = non-repairable, no
repair is authorized.
(30) Precious metal indicator code (PMI). Identifies items that have precious
metal as a part of their content, for example, "A" = no known precious metal.
(31) Automatic data processing equipment identification code (ADP). Identifies
repair parts to the end item of automatic data processing equipment (ADPE), for example, "O" =
items with no ADP components.
(32) Related number status code (RNS). Identifies whether a NSN in the
phrase statement column is active or inactive.
c. Microfiche Format. Each fiche is formatted in the following manner. Refer to figure 1-4.
Figure 1- 4. 48:1 microf iche f orm at.