(4) Be sure that the removable roller gears, sprockets, and idlers are
(5) Check the space between the turnaround side plates and the rack side
plates. The space must be equal and the plates parallel on both sides.
(6) When replacing the rack, the crossover, and the
squeegee assemblies, make sure they are seated firmly.
To prevent contamination, lower the racks very slowly. This will avoid
spillover from one tank to the next.
(7) Check the solution recirculation. A slight movement on the solution
surface indicates that the recirculation pumps are operating.
(8) Check the calibration of the mixing valve thermometer. With a
thermometer of known accuracy, check the solution temperature in the developer tank.
It should be 95F (35C). If necessary, adjust the developer thermostat. Refer to
figures 2-4 and 2-5.
Clean the replenisher strainers. Refer to figure 2-4.
(10) Check the transport rollers to be sure that they are rotating.
(11) Check the dryer air-tube slits for cleanliness. Refer to figure 2-6.