EXERCISES, LESSON 5
INSTRUCTIONS. The following exercises are to be answered by marking the lettered
response that best answers the question or best completes the sentence or by following
the special instructions.
After you have completed all the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at the
end of the lesson and check your answers.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS. For exercise items 1 through 8, match the definition or
characteristic in column A with the appropriate prosthodontic term in column B. Items in
column B may be used more than once.
1. ____ An extension from a prosthesis that
2. ____ An occluding surface built on a denture
base to make records showing jaw
d. Denture base.
3. ____ A tooth used for the support of a fixed
4. ____ Made of plaster of Paris or artificial stone.
5. ____ A temporary form representing the base
g. Occlusal rim.
of the denture used for trial insertion
6. ____ That part of a denture to which denture
teeth are attached.
7. ____ A positive reproduction of the form of
the tissues of the maxillae or mandible.
8. ____ A negative form of the tooth.