(10) Check operator-needed and procedure-needed supplies. (The dental
specialist checks supplies at any convenient point in the routine sequence.)
(11) Make a final check for cleanliness.
c. At the End of the Day. Everything should be in its proper place before the clinic
is closed for the day.
(1) Ensure that rooms, equipment, furniture, and other assigned areas are
thoroughly cleaned and dusted and the furniture rearranged.
Empty waste and trash cans.
Prepare soiled linen for exchange.
Close and lock windows.
Turn off all light switches.
3-16. PERIODIC ROUTINE PROCEDURES
a. General. Some care and maintenance procedures in the dental clinic are
required on a periodic basis rather than a daily basis. These are usually accomplished
b. Periodic Duties.
(1) Clean and disinfect instrument cabinet drawers and shelves frequently in
accordance with local SOP.
Clean the sterilizer in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
Replenish supplies before stocks are exhausted.
(4) Keep everything that is not essential to patient treatment out of the
(5) Perform preventive maintenance procedures in accordance with
manufacturer's instructions and local SOP.