2.5 to 5 million rad (para 3-22b)
Federal Register (para 3-27)
the organization that wants to use or market the additive (para 3-28)
b,c,f,h (para 3-29)
1. Addition of borates in codfish and whole eggs to mask poor manufacturing or
2. Use of chrome yellow on coffee beans to make them appear to be of better
3. Use of copper on canned peas to make the peas appear younger in
4. Addition of fluorine compounds in lieu of pasteurizing in beer and wine to stop
5. Addition of formaldehyde in milk to kill bacteria or in frozen eggs to conceal
the odor of decomposition.
7. Use of salicylates in shrimp sauce to delay decomposition.
8. Use of sodium nitrate in fish fillets to prevent spoilage.
9. Use of sulfites to redden stale meat. (para 3-30)
End of Lesson 3