b. Block by Block Instruction.
(1) Block 1: Date of Report. Enter day, month, and year. Example: 16
(2) Block 2: Shipment Arrival. For (a), enter the date (day, month, and
year). For (b), enter the time the product is delivered. Use military time.
Block 3: Contract Number. Enter the appropriate DLA contract number.
Block 4: Inspection Point. Examples: Commissary, cold storage,
(5) Block 5: Inspection Activity. For (a), enter name of inspection office.
Example: VFI0. For (b), enter official address of the office.
(6) Block 6: Shipped To. For (a), enter name of addressee. Example:
Commissary Officer, Troop Issue Subsistence Officer. For (b), enter official address of
(7) Block 7: Contractor Data. For (a), enter prime contractor's name. For
(b), enter complete address of contractor.
(8) Block 8: Plant Data. This entry may be the same as block 7. If
different, in block 8 (a) and (b), enter the egg packer's name and complete official
address. For (c), enter the official establishment number of the source plant.
Block 9: Product Description.
(a) National Stock Number (NSN). Example: 8910-00-926-6148.
(b) Grade. Example: AA, A, or B.
Weight Class. Example: large, medium.
(d) Condition. Example: fresh, shell protected, process.
(e) Pack Per Case. Enter two items: the total number of cases in the
shipment (manifest case count) and the number of dozen per case.
(f) Lot Size (Dozen). Total number of dozens in the shipment. To
obtain the lot size, multiply the case count and the number of dozen per case from block