18. From the group of responses below, select the response which contains the
divisions of the nervous system.
The central nervous system.
The peripheral nervous system.
The autonomic nervous system.
a. 1 and 4.
b. 2 and 3.
c. 1, 2, and 3.
d. 2, 3, and 4.
19. From the statements below, select the best description of the brain.
a. The part of the central nervous system that consists of thecerebrum, the
cerebellum, the pons, and the medulla oblongata.
b. The smallest unit of structure of the nervous system.
c. The organ of the body that secretes epinephrine.
d. The organ of the body that secretes progesterone.
20. Categorize the action of "inhibited peristalsis" as a function of either the
sympathetic or parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system.
21. Categorize "slowed heart action" as a function of either the sympathetic or
parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system.
22. From the descriptions below, select the statement which best describes the thymus
a. The gland responsible for producing the hormone thyroxine.
b. The gland responsible for producing the hormone parathormone.
c. The gland responsible for the primary production of lymphocytes at birth.
d. The gland responsible for the production of epinephrine.