(6) Participates in planning and implementing the staff development
program of the Department of Nursing.
(7) Plans and provides training and clinical experience in CMS for students
in phase II of the OR Procedures (Basic) Course and the Clinical Specialist Course.
(8) Plans and provides on-the-job training for personnel inexperienced in
CMS operations, including newly employed civilian and military personnel from medical
units in a training status.
(9) Periodically evaluates the operations of CMS and makes
recommendations to the Chief, Nursing Department for improvements.
(10) Participates in local and national organizations and attends workshops
and institutes in order to keep aware of current trends in CMS services and operations
and to promote applicable advances.
(11) Provides information to Chief, Nursing Department, for inclusion in that
department's report to the Program Budget Advisory Committee (PBAC) of the hospital.
(12) Maintains a listing of desired new equipment with complete justification
for inclusion in the Medical Equipment Program Reports System (MEPRS).
(13) Evaluates the performance of new products and equipment as indicated
and as appropriate.
(14) Participates in various hospital committees, which includes the CMS
Advisory Committee, the Infection Control Committee, the Emergency Medical Program
Planning Committee, the Nursing Department Committee for Standardization of Nursing
Procedures, and others as appropriate.
CHIEF, CENTRAL MATERIEL SPECIALIST NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER
a. Responsibility. The NCOIC is responsible to and works under the direction
of the Chief, CMS. In the absence of the chief and if so directed by the Chief, Nursing
Department, he assumes responsibility for the efficient management and operation of
b. Duties. The NCOIC of CMS:
(1) Supervises the activities of nonprofessional personnel, to include
planning and organizing the workload, assigning duties, establishing duty schedules for
full coverage, maintaining time and attendance reports, evaluating performance of
personnel, and participating in the planning for in-service training of assigned personnel.