52. The outermost layer of the eyeball is colored
and is made up of very
; it is known as the
. Its anterior portion is called the
The major focusing device for the eyeball is the
53. The middle layer of the wall of the eyeball is known as the
This layer is richly supplied with
and pigmented with a ______ material.
54. The inner layer of the wall of the eyeball is known as the
The actual photoreceptor elements are located at the
These elements are the
s and the
55. The elements which register colors are the
more intense light than do
. Rods register only
What are the fovea centralis and macula lutea?
What is the blind spot?
The thickening of the choroid layer around the edge of the lens is called the
. It includes radial muscle fibers making up the
Describe the lens and the process of accommodation.
60. The space between the cornea and the iris is called the
The space between the iris and the lens is called the
these make up the space between the cornea and the lens, called the ______ _______
and filled with the
. This drains into the encircling
located in the angle between the
. Behind the lens is a
jellylike material called the
. It fills the
cavity of the eyeball.