(2) Maintain liaison with MACOMs about pest surveys and investigations
proposed by other agencies.
(3) Establish leasee responsibility for using pesticides on military property.
(4) Initiate requests for aerial application of pesticides.
(5) Designate a pest management coordinator for all installation pest
(6) Approve and support the installation pest management program
formulated by the facilities engineer and the installation surgeon and approved by the
d. Directorate of Public Works. The directorate of public works (DPW) will:
(1) Prepare a comprehensive written pest management plan for the
(2) Supervise and direct pest management operations.
(3) Conduct preventive maintenance and surveillance inspections.
(4) Ensure that operating personnel receive adequate training to achieve
required pest management certification.
(5) Provide on-the-job training to new personnel.
(6) Obtain and maintain adequate supplies of pesticides and pesticide
(7) Ensure all pest management operations are done safely.
(8) Decide the phases of pest management to be done by contract, based
on existing policies. Included are:
(a) Preparing needed specifications and technical provisions for the
(b) Arranging for the purchasing and contracting officer to obtain
(c) Ensuring that personnel holding a valid Certificate of Competency
do contract operations per specifications through continuous inspection.