Figure 3-1. Cutting off the hood.
Unzip the hood.
Begin cutting at the zipper below the voicemitter
Proceed cutting upward, close to the filter inlet covers and eye lens
Cut upward to the top of the casualty, eye lens outserts.
(10) Cut across the forehead to the outer edge of the next eye outlet.
(11) Cut downward to the casualty's shoulder, staying close to the eye lens
outserts and filter inlet covers.
(12) Cut across the lower part of the voicemitter to the zipper.
(13) Cut from the center of the forehead over the top of the head.
(14) Fold the left and right sides of the he hood to the sides of the casualty's
head, laying the sides of the hood on the litter.
e. Decontaminate the casualty's mask and exposed skin.
(1) Use the M258A1 or M291 decontamination kit or calcium hypochlorite
(5.0 percent calcium hypochlorite for the mask and 0.5 percent solution for the skin).
Use only the 0.5 percent calcium hypochlorite solution to
decontaminate the skin and the parts of the mask that touch the
face. The 5 percent solution is corrosive and will burn the skin.