NOTE: Initial notes, interim progress reports, and any summaries may be recorded on
an authorized form ( e.g., DA Form 5181-R, Screening Note of Acute Medical Care and
AMOSIST Encounter Form) but must be referenced on SF 600.
(6) If an injury is treated, the cause and circumstances ("how-when-where-
leave status") is entered.
(7) For purpose taking part in research projects as test subjects, entries
(a) Drugs given or appropriate identifying code.
(b) Investigative procedures performed.
(c) Significant observations , including effects.
(d) Physical and mental state of the subject.
(e) Tests and laboratory procedures performed.
(8) Outpatient care received at civilian facilities is also recorded on the SF
600. If available , copies of records on such care are put in the HREC. Personnel who
prepare payment vouchers for civilian care will acquire a summary of diagnoses and
treatment when processing the vouchers. They will send this information to the
person's HREC custodian.
d. Entries for Periods of Medical Excuse From Duty. Except in combat,
each admission to an MTF or referral to quarters is recorded on the SF 600.
(1) In addition to the information described in paragraph "c" above, entries for
MTF admissions will include:
(a) Time and date of admission.
(b) Name and location of the MTF.
(c) Cause of admission.
(2) For referral to quarters, detailed comments are made on:
(a) Care given.
(b) Estimated duration of quarters.
(c) Extensions of quarters status.
(d) When the patient will be returned to duty.
NOTE: Laboratory, X-ray, consultation, and similar reports for quarters cases are
also filed in the HREC.