disposition on the same date, enter 1. For a direct admission with "transfer"
disposition on the same date, enter . These totals should be the same as
the entry in field 67.
(5) Admission by Transfer. Enter the number of days between date of
initial admission and date of disposition. (Using a Julian calendar, subtract the day
of disposition from the day of initial admission.) This total should be the sum of the
sick days at your MTF in field 67 and plus sick days at all other facilities. For a case
transferred in and dispositioned by transfer on the same date, enter the total for all
other facilities. Your MTF gets sick days. For a transfer case with final
disposition on the same date, your facility gets 1 sick day. Enter the sum of
one sick day at your facility plus the total number of days at all other facilities.
56. TOTAL SICK DAYS (ALL FACILITIES)
4-62. BED DAYS THIS MTF (FIELD 57, COLUMNS 278 THROUGH 281)
a. Source of data. This field is automatically computed by AQCESS/CHCS
based on transactions processed in AAD. Items 35F or 36F, ITRCS for nonautomated
b. For nonautomated sites:
(1) Enter the total days the patient occupied a bed in your facility. A patient
on pass for periods not exceeding 72 hours will be considered as occupying a bed
during that period.
(2) Days that a patient was in an absent status will not be counted as bed
days this MTF.
(3) Days that a patient spent in the labor or delivery room and neonatal
intensive care nursery will be counted as bed days in this MTF. Days spent by a
newborn in the newborn nursery will be counted as bassinet days.
(4) A bed day is also counted when a patient is admitted and dispositioned
(final disposition) on the same day.