4-40. CLINIC SERVICE - ADMITTING (FIELD 24, COLUMNS 87 THROUGH 9)
a. Source of data. Designated by care provider/ physician. (Item 23, ITRCS).
b. The mission of the MTF will determine the clinic services established in your
facility. Enter the code from table 4 -18 for the initial clinic service to which the patient is
assigned upon admission.
c. Leave the field blank for absent sick patients whose entire period of
hospitalization was spent in that status and for CRO cases. For patients in a
cooperative care or supplemental care status, use the code of the clinic service referring
the patient to the civilian facility.
d. If one of the following programs is applicable, change the fourth digit from "A"
to one of the following codes:
(1) E - Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP).
(2) O - Catchment Area Management Programs.
(3) P - Partnership Programs.
(4) R - Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services
(5) S - CRI/Resource Sharing Programs.
(6) U - Alternate Use/CHAMPUS Funds.
NOTE: Do not use the codes above for CRO (XXXA) and Absent Sick (YYYA).
24. CLINIC SVC - ADMITTING