entry must be shown using the "line out and underline" method. The ITRCS then must
be clearly marked as "corrected record" in the top margin and forwarded IAW
instructions in lesson 4.
COMPLETION OF THE ITRCS
a. Items 1 through 30. Nonautomated sites obtain this information from the
Admission and Coding Information Form (DA Form 2985) except for Items 25 and 26,
and transfer it to the ITRCS (see figure 3-3). The ITRCS is computer-generated by the
Automated Quality of Care Evaluation Support System (AQCESS) or the Composite
Health Care System (CHCS) in automated sites.
b. Item 25, Type Disposition.
(1) When a patient is transferred to another U.S. Armed Forces MTF, record
the name of the receiving MTF, e.g., TAR Brooke AMC. Continue in Item 31, if
(2) When a military member is placed on change-of- status-out to PCS Home
to await the processing of a separation or retirement, the ITR will not be closed out until
the effective date of the separation/retirement from service. For these cases, indicate
the type and date of the action.
(3) Whenever a military member is retired or separated, cite the appropriate
Army regulation. For separations under AR 635-200, i ndicate the reason, e.g., failure to
meet medical procurement standards, expiration of term of service, etc. When a patient
is retired or separated for physical disability, state whether permanent or temporary, or
whether separation is with or without severance pay. When a patient is moved to a VA
hospital, so state.
(4) If a nonmilitary patient leaves the hospital against medical advice, record
as "left against medical advice (AMA)." If a military patient leaves the hospital against
medical advice, he would be considered absent without leave (AWOL).
(5) For a case terminating in death, enter "died" and indicate whether or not
an autopsy was performed, e.g., "Autopsy: Yes" or "Autopsy: No."