Exercises 17 through 20 provide data about individual patients. For each patient,
complete items 25, 26, and 31 through 36 (if applicable) on the ITRCS provided on the
following pages. Use the codes listed below for the appropriate condition of each
4809 Viral Brochopneumonia
Congestive Heart Failure
Ulcer of Duodenum with Hemorrhage
Chrondromalacia of patella
17. RAMEY, WILLIAM P. The patient was dead on arrival in the emergency room.
The diagnosis CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE (established postmortem) was
determined by autopsy.
18. TINDALL, HOWARD W. On 8 Dec 9X, the patient was a transfer to the United
States Army Hospital (USAH) at Fort Splendid. He had been placed on the VSI list on
27 Nov 9X, was upgraded to SI on 29 Nov 9X, and remained SI at the time of transfer.
His diagnoses were (1) ULCER OF DUODENUM WITH HEMORRHAGE and
(2) ACUTE NORMOCYTIC ANEMIA DUE TO BLOOD LOSS. The patient received two
units of blood, and was returned to duty, 15 Dec 9X.
19. BIRCHETT, JOANN M. The patient was returned to duty 10 Dec 9X. During her
hospitalization, she was treated for (1) VIRAL BRONCHOPNEUMONIA and (2)
CHRONIC ASTHMA. The second diagnosis was previously recorded (PR: FAMC,
Denver, CO, 15 Apr 8X).
20. KRAFT, CHRISTOPHER M. On 19 Nov 9X, the patient was a transfer to USAH,
Fort Splendid. His diagnosis was CHONDROMALACIA OF (right) PATELLA. This
condition existed prior to service (EPTS) and was previously recorded (PR: WRAMC,
Washington, DC, 26 Sep 8X). On 20 Nov 9X, he was taken to surgery for a partial
patellectomy. On 26 Nov 9X, a medical evaluati on board (MEB) recommended referral
to a physical evaluation board (PEB). On 30 Nov 9X, the PEB recommended TDRL.
The patient was on convalescent leave 5 Dec 9X to 30 Dec 9X (25 days). On 31 Dec
9X, the patient was placed on TDRL (under provisions of AR 635-40).