EXERCISES, LESSON 2
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response that
best answers the exercise, by completing the statement, or by writing the answer in the
After you have completed all the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at the end of the
lesson, and check your answers. For each exercise answered incorrectly, reread the
material referenced with the solution.
1. The ______________________________________________________
was established in 1974 to safeguard the privacy of an individual from collection of
information by the Federal Government, to protect the individual from the misuse of
information in Federal government records, and to ensure the individual of access to
Federal government records which concern him?
2. List the medical records which require special handling because of their
3. Under what circumstances will a patient be denied access to information in his
4. All information pertaining to evaluations, findings, diagnoses, or treatment of a
patient and any other information given to AMEDD health care personnel in the course of
treatment or evaluation is known as:
5. Information that belongs only to the patient and should not be open to the public
is considered ____________________________________________________.