(1) grams = specific gravity x milliliters
grams = .85 x 8
grams = 6.8
(2) Then, add the weights of all ingredients except the white petrolatum.
14.0 g zinc oxide
+4.0 g sulfur, ppt
6.8 g mineral oil
(3) Subtract this from the total volume.
100.0 g total volume
-24.8 g other substances
75.2 g white petrolatum required
(4) The above problem is a typical pharmaceutical calculation problem
involving specific gravity.
Solve the following problems and check your answers.
(1) What is the volume of 250 g of a liquid having a specific gravity of 1.65?
Ans: ___________ ml