5. What volume of acetic acid (CH3COOH), S.G. 1.05 and assay of 99.7 percent is
required to prepare 250 mL of a 0.500 mol/L acetic acid solution?
6. What is the mass of H2SO4 present in 150 mL of sulfuric acid solution with a
specific gravity of 1.86 and a purity of 93.0 percent.
7. What is the mol/L concentration of the sulfuric acid solution in exercise 6?
8. How much of the sulfuric acid solution in exercise 6 would be required to prepare
1000 mL of a 2.50 mol/L sulfuric acid solution?
9. A HCl solution of 500 mL was prepared by using 25.0 mL of commercial reagent,
S.G. 1.20 and assay of 34.0 percent. What is the mol/L concentration of the
solution that was prepared?
10. A H3PO4 solution was prepared by adding 12.5 mL of concentrated acid, S.G.
1.70 and 87.0 percent purity, to a one liter flask and Q.S. to the mark. Assuming
that the acid ionizes completely, what is the normal concentration of the
phosphoric acid that was prepared?
Check Your Answers on Next Page