2 Miter the corners at the top of the bed. Lift the mattress slightly,
then stretch and tie the ends of the sheet together beneath the mattress. Repeat these
steps for the bottom of the bed.
3 Stretch and tuck the free edges at the sides.
(b) Fitted sheet.
1 Fit the sheet on the lower edges of the mattress first. Then lift
the mattress and fit the sheet on the top edges of the mattress.
2 Stretch and tuck the free edges at the sides.
Place a draw sheet on the center of the bed, if it is needed.
(a) Tuck in the free edge on one side.
(b) Stretch the draw sheet from the opposite side and tuck in the free
Place the top sheet, blanket (if used), and bedspread.
(a) Position evenly on the bed.
(b) Miter the bottom corners, tucking all three parts together.
Leave the loose ends free.
(10) Fanfold the top linen back to the foot of the bed.
(11) Place a clean pillowcase over the pillow and place it at the head of the
Invert the pillowcase over one hand so the inner back seam is
Grasp the edge of the pillow with one hand holding the pillowcase
at the seam.
Use the opposite hand to guide the pillowcase over the pillow.
(12) Adjust the bed to its lowest position, if adjustable.
(13) Reposition the head up slightly, if the patient prefers.
(14) Raise the siderail opposite the side of the bed where the patient will