EXERCISES, LESSON 3
INSTRUCTIONS. Complete the statements in the following exercises. After you have
completed all statements in the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at the end of
this lesson and check your answers.
1. The practical nurse performs or supervises ____________________________,
___________________, and ______________________ nursing care procedures.
2. The first step in providing health care is to ___________________________.
3. A plan of care is ____________________ -oriented, with both long- and
4. The practical nurse supports the implementation of the planned nursing care by
contributing to the development and reinforcement of
5. The practical nurse assists with the evaluation of nursing care by ______________
the patient and _________________________________ information.
6. Nursing care is a continuous, ______________________________________
process of ____________________ , ____________________
____________________, and ____________________ .
7. The ______________________________________ must be evaluated and
updated in response to changes in the patient.
8. During evaluation, the nursing staff must determine whether the care provided is
______________________________ and ______________________________.
9. Management responsibilities can be categorized into the three basic areas of
managing ____________________, __________________________________ ,
10. In addition to clinical proficiency and soldier skills, the practical nurse must learn to
be an effective _______________________ and ________________________.
Turn Page for Self-Test