(3) Go to the TEST PROCEDURE/CORRECTIVE ACTION column to find
the procedures you use to test for the probable cause indicated.
Make sure flex hose does not touch other parts.
If improperly installed, correct the installation.
If you find cracked hoses, replace as necessary.
(4) If you find neither improperly installed nor cracked hoses, go back to the
PROBABLE CAUSE column for the next most likely cause for the malfunction. Broken
reed valves are the next most reasonable cause for noises when the compressor motor
(5) Go to the TEST PROCEDURE/CORRECTIVE ACTION column to find
the procedures you use to test for broken reed valves. If the valves are broken the
If there is vibration, replace the reed valves as necessary.
(b) If there is no vibration, check for the next probable cause.
(6) Go to the PROBABLE CAUSE column to find the next most probable
(7) Go to the TEST PROCEDURE/CORRECTIVE ACTION column and
follow the directions to replace the bearings.
b. After repairing or replacing a defective component, perform an operational
checkout. Refer to paragraph 2-2.