24. What is the normal method for disposing of supernatant liquor?
25. The most important factor in sludge disposal is:
Ensuring that the sludge is well digested.
Adequate area for drying beds.
A favorable climate (humidity).
Sufficient underdrain for proper dewatering.
26. The expected result in properly control led postchlorination of plant effluent is the:
Removal of all BOD.
Reduction of the bacterial content by approximately 99.5 percent.
Imparting of a residual which will preserve the potability of the receiving
27. _____________ is sometimes added at the plant inlet to prevent septic conditions
and to prevent odors.
28. An advantage of the stabilization ponds is:
Freedom from maintenance.
Freedom from insect pests.
Freedom from objectionable odors.