12. A minimum of one lavatory with hot and cold running potable water should be
provided for every:
13. Why must you check to be sure that barber and beauty shop operators are
cautious when using cosmetic preparations (lotions, tonics, hair dyes)?
14. You are observing the operations of a barbershop. You note the following. Which,
if any, is in violation of standards?
a. The operators wash the razors, scissors, and clippers with soap and hot
water after use on each patron.
An operator clips a patron's hair, removes the hair from the clippers with a
brush, and then uses the brush on the patron's hair.
c. A patron has a small cut on the neck that is bleeding lightly. The operator
stops the blood flow with sterile absorbent cotton.
a, b, and c are all in violation of standards.
Neither a, b, nor c is in violation of standards.
15. A barbershop that you are inspecting has clean linen stacked in a closet that
contains brooms and mops. Refer to figure 3-1. You would rate this situation as
________________________ under item(s) __________________________.
16. Who is second to the commander as the authority responsible for sanitation in
concession-type barber and beauty shops?
Check Your Answers on Next Page