(12) Air supplies for water agitation should be filtered and the air intakes
arranged to minimize dust.
(13) Racks for ice storage should have drains to prevent flooding and ice
(14) Ice plant employees are classified as food service personnel.
(15) Vehicles for ice transport must be operated and maintained to
(16) Ice will routinely be sampled to evaluate compliance with appropriate
physical, bacteriological, and chemical standards.
(17) Preventive medicine personnel are required to inspect ice facilities.
They must approve commercial ice plants in coordination with Army veterinarians.
(18) Approved commercial ice plants must be listed in the Directory of
Sanitarily Approved Food Establishments for Armed Forces Procurements or in a
SAMPLE INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Figure 3-1 shows a sample checklist for ice plants. Again, when
conducting the inspection, use your own knowledge and experience in addition to
the items on the checklist.