EXERCISES, LESSON 1
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response that
BEST answers the exercise, by completing the incomplete statement, or by writing the
answer in the space provided at the end of the exercise.
After you have completed all of these exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at
the end of the lesson and check your answers. For each exercise answered incorrectly,
reread the material referenced with the solution.
1. Match the following:
Norway rat ______
(1) The least dependent on man.
(2) Does not transmit disease to man.
(3) Life is fairly short,
Roof rat ________
approximately one year.
(4) Largest domestic rat in the U.S.
(5) Most common throughout the
House mouse _____.
(6) Has highly developed vision.
All of the above ____.
2. It is possible for one pair of rats to produce how many descendants in one year?
3. When there is an abundance of food, at what time of day does a rat show the
During the first half of the night.
Shortly after dusk and shortly before dawn.
Equally during the day and night.