P/N 6758--Nebulization power line test gauge.
Additional tools required for this calibration procedure include the
(a) 5/16-inch open end wrench.
(b) Slot-head screwdriver (small, thin blade).
3/32-inch Allen wrench.
(d) Phillips-head screwdriver.
(e) Stop watch.
(9) Before attempting to service or calibrate the Babybird ventilator, you
should be familiar with the design and operation of the unit as explained earlier in this
b. Prepare the Ventilator for Calibration.
(1) Turn off the source gas and install the calibration regulator (P/N 6754)
between the gas source and the inlet assembly located atop the ventilator.
(2) It will be necessary to attach the Babybird ventilator and breathing
assembly to a power source in such a manner that the combination back and side cover
can be removed and still retain access to the front control panel. This may be
accomplished by either of the following.
(a) Install a mounting bracket (P/N 370) on top of the Babybird stand
and attach the ventilator so the controls are facing the pole.
(b) Use a 5/32-inch Allen wrench to remove the post assembly (P/N
4293) from the bottom of the ventilator so the Babybird may be attached to the pedestal
stand (P/N 050) in a reverse fashion. The bracket assembly (P/N 4262) supporting the
breathing circuit can then be secured to the vertical portion of the pedestal (figure 2-1).
(3) Use the Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the 12 screws securing the
combination back and side panels. There are six screws securing the back and three on
each side panel.
(4) Remove the back and side panels, but position the unit so the Babybird
circuit may be connected to the mechanical test lung.