(10) Block 7. Enter the priority designator, for example, 13. Refer to Extract 1, Table
24-3, page Extract 1-3.
(11) Block 8. Enter cost detail accounting information, if required.
(12) Block 10. Enter the authorizing publication, for example, CTA 50-970.
(13) Block 12a. Enter the item number, in sequence, for each item requested.
(14) Block 12b. Enter the stock number for each item requested.
(15) Block 12c. Enter one or two words that describe each item requested.
Enter words "Last Item" after the last entry.
(16) Block 12d. Enter the unit of issue of each item requested, for example, PT (pint)
and TU (tube).
(17) Block 12e. Enter the quantity of each item requested, for example, 5 and 3.
(18) Block 12f. Enter the proper issue code from the form.
(19) Block 12g. Leave blank.
(20) Block 12h and i. Leave blank.
(21) Block 13. The requesting individual dates and signs this block (include
rank), for example, SGT James Mason.
Figure 2-15. Sample DA Form 3161 (bottom portion).
(22) Block 14. Leave blank.
(23) Block 15. When the items are issued, the person signing for the items will
date and sign this block (include rank).
b. Distribution. Prepare the forms in enough copies to meet local needs.
Overprinting of DA Form 3161 is authorized when the same items are requested
frequently. When using an overprinted DA Form 3161 to request supplies, line through
items and their corresponding blank quantity columns when those items are not requested.