(2) Not Mission Capable/Supply covers time spent waiting for repair parts,
chassis, assemblies and subassemblies, and components. Not Mission Capable/Supply
time also includes time waiting for delivery of direct-exchange items when an exchange
item is not available.
(3) Both NMCS and NMCM time can occur on an item or system on the
same day. Count the entire day for the classification with the most hours that day.
Subsystem NMCS and NMCM or organization and support NMC days can overlap.
When that happens, charge the whole day to the condition/classification which has
existed the longest time.
(4) Unit NMCS covers the time your equipment is in unit control and
"awaiting parts" for an NMC fault.
(5) Support NMCS covers the time the equipment is under support's control
and is awaiting parts for an NMC fault.
d. Fully Mission Capable. Equipment is FMC when it can perform all its
combat missions without endangering lives.
(1) The FMC equipment must be complete and fully operable with no
deficiencies listed in the "equipment not ready/available if" column of the operator's
PMCS guide in the TM.
(2) The terms "ready" and/or "available" refer to the same status: the
equipment is on hand and able to perform its combat missions.
DD FORM 314, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE AND RECORD
a. Purpose. The DD Form 314 supplies a means of scheduling unit PMCS and
documenting NMC time. Use the DD Form 314 to schedule maintenance on medical
equipment as required by the TM or the manufacturer's literature. Use it to show NMC
days on equipment to be reported on the DA Form 2406. Overall, the DD Form 314 is
used to manage maintenance, services, or inspections locally as directed by the unit
The NMC time is not kept on equipment that is not reported on
DA Form 2406 separately or as a subsystem.
b. General Instructions. Refer to figure 1-2.
(1) Normally one DD Form 314 covers a single item of equipment. Several
like items may be covered on one DD Form 314 if the services are scheduled and
performed on the same date, or the items are in the same container or general location.
When scheduling services on more than one item, put each item's serial number in the
"Remarks" block. However, you cannot combine like items of equipment which are
reportable on DA Form 2406 on one DD Form 314.