(c) Safety test--ST.
(d) Preventive maintenance checks and services and calibration--P/C.
(e) Preventive maintenance checks and services and safety test--P/S.
Calibration and safety test--C/S.
(g) Preventive maintenance checks and services, calibration, and safety test--AA.
(8) You can use other symbols or subsymbols as long as they do not
conflict with the symbols required above. Explain the symbols used in the remarks
block of the DD Form 314 or in your standing operating procedure (SOP).
(9) To schedule a service, mark the symbol (see paragraph 1-2b(7) above)
in pencil in the date-due block (the calendar grid in the middle of the form with the
months indicated on the left and days indicated on top of the form). You may not
always be able to perform a service when it is scheduled. There will normally be a
variance stated in the PMCS section of the equipment's TM.
(10) When you perform a service within the variance time period, ink in the
symbol on the date it was scheduled. When you complete a service outside the
variance time period, erase the symbols on the scheduled date. Ink in the symbol on
the actual date you completed the service. Schedule the next service from the new
date. Use the variance to perform as many services as possible at the same time.
(11) Equipment reported on a DA Form 2406 will need a record of NMC time.
Record NMC days on the back of the DD Form 314.
(12) Show organizational NMCM days with the symbol 0. Put an S inside the
0 for organization NMCS. Post organizational NMCM/NMCS days as they occur. Use
the letter X for each day the equipment is NMCM at support. Put the letter S over an X
on the days it was NMCS at support. If support does not give a day-by-day breakout,
put the total number NMCM/NMCS days in the remarks block.
(13) Not mission capable equipment at the end of the day is counted NMC
for the whole day. Equipment which is FMC at the end of the day is counted FMC for
the whole day. A day is the normal workday for your command.
(14) When equipment reportable on a DA Form 2406 is loaned to another
unit, the borrowing unit will inform the owning unit of any NMC time on the equipment. It
is the owning unit's responsibility to ensure the data required for properly maintaining
the DD Form 314 is collected.