d. Preparation of DA Form 2402.
(1) Block 1, Support agency (DODAAC). Line through "DODAAC" and
enter the acronym "UIC." Enter the six-digit UIC of the support activity which will
receive, hold, or work on the item for you.
Block 2, Date. Enter the Julian date.
(3) Block 3, Organization (DODAAC). Line through "DODAAC" and enter
the acronym "UIC." Enter the six-digit UIC of the owning unit or organization.
(4) Block 4, Warranty/EIR exhibit/exchange. Mark the block to show the
use of the form, such as for equipment improvement recommendation (EIR). If the form
is being used for other than the options indicated in block 4, for example, receipt for
TMDE, print the use of the form above the exchange block.
Block 5, NSN. Enter the NSN of the item.
(6) Block 6, Noun nomenclature. Print the noun abbreviation of the item to
(7) Block 7, PD. Enter the PD applying to the action. The unit or
organization listed in block 3 normally assigns the PD. When the form supports a
customer maintenance request, use the PD of the maintenance request.
(8) Block 8, PD authentication. The commander or the designated
representative signs when a PD of 01 through 10 is in block 7. Enter the maintenance
work-order number when a PD of 01 through 10 is taken from a maintenance request.
(9) Block 9, End item nomenclature. Enter the noun abbreviation of the end
item for the part or component in block 6 in this block.
(10) Block 10, Model. Enter the model number of the end item.
(11) Block 11, Serial no. Enter the serial number of the end item here.
(12) Block 12, Deficiency or symptom. Briefly describe the problem in block
(13) Block 13, Date accepted. When the form is used as a receipt, the
support unit will enter the Julian date.
(14) Block 14, Signature. The person who receives the item signs in this