(18) Retighten the lock nut after you complete adjusting the adjusting screws.
(19) Reinstall the junction box cover.
(20) Place the main cover over, reinstall the rotation lock pedal, and tighten
the 3/4 inch nut.
(21) Replace the four screws securing the base cover to the lift.
(22) Reinstall the chair and secure it to the lift with the screws, lock washers,
and the nuts removed in step (4) above.
(23) Run the lift up to its two extreme positions with one person in the chair.
Take care when running the lift down so that it does not crush the
bellows cover. Recheck the clearance between the pantograph arms in
the lower position. There should be at least 5/8 inch clearance.
Readjust as required.
(24) Adjust the automatic exit position (Switch "B" in figure 3-6) to the desired
position as described in step (17) above.
(25) Run the lift one-half way down and secure the bellows cover to the
bellows hanger with the screws removed in step (1). Refer to figure 3-2.
b. Chair Is in "DOWN" Position and Will Not Raise.
Remove the chair and cover as stated in procedure a. above, steps (1)-
Remove the screw and the cord clamp which secures the chair power
(3) Remove the four 5/16 inch hex-head bolts which secure the upper roller
guide to the chair mount casting. While removing each bolt, be very careful not to get
the four adjustment nuts and the sleeves mixed up or change the adjustment. You must
place these back in the same order in which you removed them.
(4) Remove the upper roller guide from the lift assembly and the lift chair
mount casting and swing it over and out of the way for removal of the gear motor.
Use a 5/16 inch Allen wrench to remove the three motor mounting