The correct position of the casualty is the _______________________ position
when you are going to perform a needle cricothyroidotomy.
There is a greater risk when performing a cricothyroidotomy on a person with a
large thick neck because of _______________________________.
In the procedure of surgical cricothyroidotomy, a dilator is used to ___________.
In a surgical cricothyroidotomy, the incision made is ________________ long.
These are the beginning steps in the procedure of performing a needle
cricothyroidotomy. The steps are not in the order in which you would do them.
Choose the response which lists the steps in the correct order of performance.
1. Raise a tent of skin overlying the cricothyroid space.
2. Pace the casualty in the correct position.
3. Locate the cricothyroid space.
4. Make a horizontal incision cutting down to the cricothyroid
5. Move a finger upward to the cricothyroid space and cleanse the