These are steps in the procedure of performing a surgical cricothyroidotomy.
The steps are not in the order in which you would do them. Choose the
response which lists the steps in the correct order of performance.
1. Stabilize the larynx with one hand and make a 1/2 inch
horizontal incision through the elastic tissues of the cricothyroid
2. Insert the cannula end between the blades of the dilator.
3. Insert the dilator, separating its blades to make a larger
4. Reidentify the cricothyroid space.
5. Secure the cannula in place.
Check Your Answers on Next Page