14. Sugar, Salt, Coffee (para 1-3f)
15. No, they have their own food inspectors/public health personnel. (para 1-3h(2))
16. Wholesome and suitable for further storage, shipment, issue, sale, and
consumption (para 1-4a)
(naturally or intentional) by microorganisms or their toxins.
An exposure to chemicals, radioactive materials, or other foreign toxins.
Suitability of the item for the purpose intended.
Rodent and/or insect infestation. (paras 1-4a(1) through (5))
18. Prior to Shipmen
At Issue or sale
In-Storage (paras 1-4b(1) through (3))
19. Certificate of Serviceability (para 1-4e)
20. Categories of inspection:
Category III. Prior to Shipment (Surveillance) (para 1-4b(1))
Category I. Antemortem (Origin) (para 1-2a(1))
Category II. Any Receipt Except Purchase (Receipt) (para 1-3d)
Category I. Postmortem (Origin) (para 1-2b)
Category I. In-plant (Origin) (para 1-2d)
Category II. Any Receipt Except Purchase (Receipt) (para 1-3d))
Category III. At Issue or sale (Surveillance) (para 1-4(b)(2))
Category II. On Delivery at Purchase (Receipt) (para 1-3a)
If you would like to broaden your knowledge--and reinforce what you have learned from
this lesson--read AR 40-657, Veterinary/Medical Food Inspection and Laboratory Service.
End of Lesson 1