Dairy products. This refers to milk and the various milk products.
(6) Fruits and vegetables. This refers to all varieties of fresh fruits and
vegetables available to the consumer.
b. Administration, Supply, and Maintenance. When food products are moved
or delivered, there are some necessary tasks that have to be performed. Some of these
appear to be routine, but they are an important part of the entire process of inspection.
These tasks can be found in the Soldier's Manual and Trainer's Guide. Examples follow:
(1) Administration. Examples: Preparing commonly-required inspection
reports, using and safeguarding inspection stamps, updating job- related publications,
and providing in-service training at a food inspection activity.
(2) Supply. Example: Unpacking, storing, and safeguarding inspection
supplies and equipment.
(3) Maintenance. Example: Getting food inspection equipment ready for
use, using it properly, cleaning it, and making minor repairs at specified intervals.
ADDITIONAL JOB TRAINING
After a minimum of one year of experience on the job, the veterinary food
inspection specialist becomes eligible for additional training in his specialty. General
training is available to both active and Reserve Components (RC) personnel.
Supervisors and commanders encourage all personnel to take advantage of training
opportunities. Specialized training is available only to personnel who need the training for
a specialized assignment.
a. General Training.
(1) Veterinary Food Inspection (Advanced) Course. This course is designed
to enhance job skills in food inspection duties and in administrative, supply, and
maintenance responsibilities. It also provides some training in on-the-job technical
guidance of less-experienced personnel.
(2) Veterinary Service in Theater of Operations Course. This course is
designed for personnel who are being assigned to an overseas area. Emphasis is on the
special conditions of food inspection when working with allied nation regulations and
b. Specialized Training.
(1) Supply Point Veterinary Service Course. This course is designed for
personnel with an assignment to a supply point.