b. Product Characteristics.
(1) The components of the 10-day menu are thermally processed, pre-
prepared, shelf-stable foods, packaged in hermetically sealed, half size steam table
Each menu has been unitized into 18-man or 36-man modules.
The container serves as a package, heating pan, and serving tray.
(4) Instant beverages, non-dairy creamers, hot sauce, and disposables
(cups, five compartment serving trays, and utensils) are included in each module.
(5) Each meal with the addition of milk and bread supplements provides
approximately 1420 kilocalories.
The shelf life is a minimum of 3 years at 80F (27C).
A pallet load consists of 24 identical meal modules.
Average net weight per module.
(a) The breakfast module weighs 36 pounds.
The dinner module weighs 46 pounds.
c. Additional Information.
(1) Since the T-Ration is pre-prepared, its use allows reduction in food
preparation time by 50-80 percent, reduction in water usage by 40 percent, and
reduction in fuel consumption by 20 percent when compared with A or B rations.
(2) This ration was phased-out by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) but
will be used as long as serviceable stocks exist in the federal supply system. The
Marine Corps continue to use this ration.
A unitized Cold Weather T-Ration Supplemental Module is available.
(a) This supplemental module contains Styrofoam clamshell trays, hot
cups with lids, pouch bread, candy, oatmeal cookie bars, soup, extra hot beverages,
and non-dairy creamers.
(b) The Cold Weather T-Ration Supplement provides an additional