g. Height, Weight, and Special Data. A patient's height and weight are
measured and recorded upon admission to the hospital.
(1) Enter the patient's height (in inches) in the bottom left portion of the Vital
Signs Record in the "HEIGHT" block.
(2) Enter the patient's weight (in pounds) in the "WEIGHT" row in the
Hospital Day 1 column.
(3) A physician may order that the patient's weight be measured periodically
(usually daily). If so, record the patient's weight in the "Weight" row beneath the
appropriate calendar day.
(4) The remainder of the spaces at the bottom of the SF 511 may be used
to record other special data, such as the 24-hour summary of the patient's fluid I&O for
that day taken from his I&O worksheet.
(5) Sergeant Jones' height is 5 feet 11 inches. His weight was 165 pounds
upon admission. The physician ordered that Sergeant Jones' fluid intake and output be
monitored beginning 15 September. On that date, his intake was 3450 ml and his
output was 2800 ml. The illustration below shows how the information was recorded.
5 feet 11 inches is equal to 71 inches. 12 x 5 = 60
60 + 11 = 71