Identify the types of abortions.
- the process starts of its own accord through natural causes.
- intervention by outside source.
- possible, but can be prevented.
- the process has gone so far that loss of the fetus will occur,
cannot be prevented.
- parts of the products of conception has been passed, but part
(usually the placenta) is retained in the uterus.
- all products (placenta and fetus) of pregnancy are eliminated.
Special Instructions for Exercises 7 through 14. Match the terms in Column A with
the correct definition or statement as listed in Column B. Place the letter of the correct
answer in the space provided to the left of Column A.
_ 7. Abruptio placentae.
Hemorrhage resulting from low
implantation of the placenta on the
8. Prolapsed umbilical cord.
interior uterine wall.
Lost of the fetus before 20 weeks
10. Placenta previa.
A baby born before the end of the
37th gestational week.
12. Preterm labor and birth.
Seen as dark blue or purplish
Hemorrhage resulting from
detachment of the placenta.
An obstetric emergency during
the birthing process.
Can be transmitted to the infant
through breast milk.
Classic signs of preeclampsia plus
coma or convulsion.