SOLUTIONS, LESSON 1
1. Hyperemesis gravidarum. (para 1-3a)
2. Heartburn. (para 1-4a)
3. Urinary track infections.
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). (para 1-5a)
4. Assess the emotional needs of the patient and the significant support person.
Promote a trust relationship that will foster self-esteem and a positive pregnancy
Inform the patient and the spouse about counseling.
5. Rh incompatibility. (para 1-11a)
6. Spontaneous - the process starts of its own accord through natural causes.
- intervention by outside source.
Threatened - possible, but can be prevented.
Inevitable - the process has gone so far that loss of the fetus will occur,cannot be
Incomplete - parts of the products of conception have been passed, but part
(usually the placenta) is retained in the uterus.
Complete - all products (placenta and fetus) of pregnancy are eliminated.
para 1-8b and fig 1-1)