Figure 1-33. Moving in unison.
Steps: Moving in unison to the leader's count of three, movers
use handholds to hoist patient while ensuring that the head
and feet move safely in unison with the trunk.
1. Place stretcher parallel to and flush up against X-ray table (no space between
stretcher and table).
2. Lock stretcher wheels.
3. On the stretcher side, loosen the edges of the draw sheet from the bed and
roll the up close to the patient's body to form a handhold.
4. Similarly, leaning across from the X-ray table side, make a handhold from the
loosened sheet on the other side of the patient.
5. With one or more persons at head and shoulder level and the others at hip
level, firmly grasp the sheet close to the patient's body.
6. If necessary, have an additional mover to support patient's head.
7. In unison, drag the patient across the stretcher and onto the X-ray table.